Monday, November 17, 2008

Tanner's Toilet Flood

Wed night tanner headed to our bathroom to do his thing. From previous posts you all know that it seems that when tanner uses the bathroom it always seems to go bad (the clothes starting on fire earlier this year). Well I knew he was back there I was doing something and forgot about it. He came out and I knew he was finished I should have went and checked to make sure tings were still standing but I didn't. Ron was gone and about an hour later Ron came home he headed back to use the bathroom and I heard a few choice words escape his mouth and I knew something was bad. Tanner had clogged the toilet when he flushed and the pump had stuck at the same time and water was pumping out pretty fast from the toilet bowl. WE hurried and shut off the water and Ron headed to home depot to get a new toilet. I got the shop vac and began to suck water. We worked until late into the night until we both finished our projects. The next day I called the insurance company because the water was out into our bedroom about 2 feet, into our closet ,and had went down the heating vent and soaked a wall downstairs . They said I should tear back the carpet and take the pad out. So sat we did this but didn't want to tear up the bathroom floor until we knew what they were going to do. The adjuster from the insurance came today and looked at it. She said we would need to replace all the carpet and the linoleum and fix the sheet rock tape on the wall downstairs. They cut us a check to do this. I am thankful we have a good insurance company because without it we would not be able to repair this mess. I think we are going to build an out house outside for tanner that is the safest way for him to use the bathroom.


This is what my bedroom looks like now minus the carpet pad we cut out. I will keep you posted and show you the new photos when we get it all put back together.


6 comments:

Trish said...

Oh my heavens. I always get a good chuckle out of reading your Tanner/bathroom posts. I know it's not funny to you all at the time . . . but for us readers (at least for me) it is cute. Poor little guy. I hope all the repairs go well for you. I know stuff like that is frustrating.

Steph said...

looks like a sh--y job you had to take care of:)

Wayne & Amy MacIntosh said...

Send Tanner to my house I really want new carpet in my bedroom. Maybe he could flood both bathrooms so I can have new carpet in the kids rooms to!!

Tina said...

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with this. I would seriously build the kid an outhouse - that's one mess that I HATE cleaning up - Bathroom Messes!

Josie said...

So sad!! I'm glad you didn't end up paying for it yourself!

Cynthia said...

Aren't kids great?