Monday, March 17, 2008

The fire starter

Let me tell you sometimes I wonder how we will ever make it through to our children's adulthood. How did our parent's do it?
Last night stetson, lainee and ron all were not feeling well so we had stayed home from church and rented some movies. We were all vegged out on the couch and tanner needed to go to the bathroom #2. Now his #2's are quite the process he has to be completely stripped down to nothing and the song's he sings.. Well they are loud and it is entertaining and this whole process can sometimes take about a half and hour. So when tanner is in the bathroom we just stay away and let him do his business. But as I was walking by the door yesterday as he was in this process I smelled something burning. I opened the door and found quite a surprise. We have the bar lights across our bathroom mirror with the light bulbs only nothing is covering them. Tanner had thrown all of his clothes up on these lights and they were burning. It was his wrestling clothes to make it worse. His shorts are nylon mesh and they were melted around the light bulb. and when I took his shirt off the lights it was smoking I had to put it out in the sink and his underwear were burned. If I had been a few min. later if probably would have been an all out fire. I don't know if I will ever live through my children!!


Tanners burnt wrestling shirt

Tanners shorts melted to the light bulb

8 comments:

Josie said...

How scary! Good job for finding him in time. I would never have thought that a light fixture like that would be a danger...
BTW I LOVED the comment about the Leprecon, so funny-- I totaly forgot about that nick name.

Cynthia said...

It is amazing we survive, but mothers seam to have the instinct to find thing in time! Don't forget all the crap Cary did as a child and he made it through! Hopefully they will give him a new set of clothes it doesn't look like he can play in those any more.

Trish said...

Oh no! That makes me think about the forest fire that Terra and Steph were a part of on the mountain. Do you remember that? I guess it's our turn to live through the wild times now. I'm glad everyone is okay.

Cherity said...

Wow!! How scary!!! I'm glad everything is ok.

The Carter Family: said...

Hey, Kyla! I am glad you found my blog-that is pretty awesome! It will be fun to keep up with what you and Tina have going on! I can't believe how many people are in the blogging world, I am finding new people all the time! Your family looks crazy and fun! Just like mine! Thank goodness your house didn't burn down!!

Tina said...

Looking back I'll bet you think that is hillarious!! Not so funny at the moment, you're lucky you found him when you did. Well, so much for the CV wrestling uniform!

Steph said...

You are going to have to make him start stripping down before he enters the bathroom from now on. i'm sure there are going to be alot more things like this where that came from.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I am so glad things turned okay, and thankful that all of my kids like to do their business with their clothes on.