WARNING: This message is long and may insult some readers. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk. If you willingly read you cannot hold anything said against me. Kyla
I work about 25hrs a week. The rest of the time I am at home with my kids. Recently I was told how nice it would be to stay at home and relax and do nothing. I was so peeved By this comment I decided to document my day to show those people what I do in a typical day. Though the circumstances may change slightly the hectic schedule is the same.
My day begins at 8:00 am When I wake the boys for school. I give them clothes and make them breakfast. Then I make and pack their lunches and their back packs and send them out the door to meet the bus at 8:30 am. I then feed the girls breakfast and get them ready for the day.At 9:00am I cleaned the kids bathroom and started my laundry.
At 10:00am I cleaned the breakfast dishes and counters in the kitchen. I then swept and moped my kitchen floor. and changed my laundry.
At 11:00 am Stetson called and said he had a migraine.I needed to run errands so I quickly got my stuff ready and went to the school and picked up stetson. I then went to maverick because I was out of gas and pulled up to the pump only to realize that they were out of fuel ON EVERY PUMP!.
So we head to kb and grab gas. Lainee begins to scream because she wants a sucker and I will not go get her one. The screaming goes the entire time that we are in town she has to sit on her bed when we get home for half and hour screaming before she finally calms down and asks for a hug and kiss and says she is sorry.
Meanwhile in town still preslie begins to copy lainee and starts chanting. Want sucker please mom want sucker please. This goes on as well. We make it to the bank where I will pay my bills only to find that the sign read closed. That's right it's Columbus day!! So our painful trip was all for nothing. and we head home. With the want sucker music in the background.
I get home and gather the trash from all of the garbage's in the house and take it out clean and vacuum my front room I also vacuum under the couches and under the cushions. Then I make lunch and feed the kids it's about 2:00pm . I take a short little break before I change and fold more laundry. Tanner arrives form school at 4:00pm and we gather to do homework.
I start to make dinner and the kids beg me to help them make their roasted pumpkin seeds so we do. Still trying to get all the homework done. (stetson is being difficult this particular night and does not want to do his.)
Tanner finishes his homework and stetson gets his migraine back we medicate him again and send him off the lie down hoping we caught it in time that he doesn't get sick enough to throw up. The rest of me and the kids eat dinner. And I clean up the kitchen and do the dishes.
At 8:00pm I fold my last batch of laundry and begin to put it away. I get the girls bathed and in their pj's by 9:00pm and get the boys tucked in.
Ron gets home and I get him his dinner by a little after nine i think. (it tastes much better than it looks I promise). I go in and cuddle with the girls for a min. and by 9:30 they are snoring logs. I pick up a few things in my front room and sit to enjoy my favorite show that I recorded THE HILLS. I enjoy every last quiet min. of it and at 10:00pm I head to bed feeling frazzled and ready to begin again tomorrow. (I work thurs. night and a double shift on fri). SO Ron has duties on these days. I also lay in bed thinking of what didn't get done. Lainees bedroom my bathroom. The pantry .the dusting. All the things to remember to do tomorrow.

This is what my days are like now I confess while I was busy folding laundry I did chat on the phone with stephanie and josie for awhile. And I did enjoy a few chapters of a book my sister in law gave to me in my down time before tanner came home from school. I love my family and I love being with them. I also enjoy my work days because I get to socialize a bit. But what irks me is people thinking that just because you don't punch a 9to5 job every day that you are at home sitting on your A** watching t.v. or they come to your home and see a few toys on the floor or some mess becaue trust me their is always one that you did nothing all day. Not considering that you are one person doing everything. Live in my world or any other mothers for a day and you will see it's not so easy. If you are one of those people who have this all figured out hey I'm all open to suggestions.



6 comments:
Hey, I have a suggestion for you...get a full time job, I'm sure it's easier than being a full-time mom. No, really, I'm being sarcastic but I do agree with you. The days that I stay home are 10 times busier than the days that I go to work. Work is actually like a break. I admire stay at home moms because they are at home with their kids but, I also admire that they are HARD WORKERS because moms never get to stop. Life revolves around mom and everyone in the household is dependent upon one person ... MOM! I really enjoyed this post. Thanks!
By the way, Garrett also gets migraines. I'd be interested to talk to you about Stetson and what you do for him. Call me sometime - Josie has my number, I don't really want to post it.
Hey I have to agree a full time job WOULD be a lot easier than a Full time MOM. I've heard comments like that before also, I would like to see them try it for awhile and see Just how LITTLE we really do. There is bearley enoght time to get essentials done in a day, most of the time I don't finish everything I want to.
I like your Kitchen also!!
This was a funny post. You left out the part where you have to entertain Ron for awhile...or is that chore not on the list of things to do for today? Just kidding!
I agree it is alot of work but I still would much rather stay home and perform all of these duties than go to another job.
I know how you feel! My laundry starts Monday night and I am lucky if I am done by bed time Tuesday night. I hate laundry. I work about the same hours and it is all I can do to keep my house in order. My only difference is I have to get my girls up at 5:30 and then I usually try to go back to bed after getting Ashtyn off at 7:45 til at least 9 or 9:30 if the baby cooperates. Then it's a full day from there! I could say a lot more to mothers that make those comments but it truly would not be nice!
I have heard my fair share of those comments as well. Being a stay at home mom is a lot of work. I would not trade it for the world though. I think some people think mom's just sit around and watch tv and do nothing. My few hours I go to work are so much easier than the work I do at home. But the work we do as mothers is so rewarding. Try not to let it get you down.
Post a Comment